We're The Millers - A Review

Cast
Jennifer Aniston as Rose O’Reiley
Jason Sudeikis as David Clark
Emma Roberts as Casey
Will Poulter as Kenny
Ed Helms as Brad Gurdlinger
Tomer Sisley as Pablo Chacon

Director – Rawson Marshal Thurber

Story – A veteran pot dealer, David Clack (Jason Sudeikis), gets robbed and agrees to move a huge shipment of weed into the U.S from Mexico to settle his debt with his supplier, Brad Gurdlinger (Ed Helms). He decides to travel in an RV along with his fake family comprised of his neighbours; Rose O’Reiley (Jennifer Aniston) who’s a stripper, high school kid, Kenny (Will Poulter) and a homeless kid Casey (Emma Roberts).
Screenplay – The story was quite predictable; it was obvious they were going to end up relating as a family. The journey to the end, however, had unexpected, some even hilarious scenes that kept me glued to the screen.

Actors – There is a question still vivid in my head; why is Jennifer Aniston career what it is? (fill in the blank spaces). I know I fell off the wagon after The GOOD GIRL and I don’t think I was alone. As for Jason Sudeikis, I tried so hard to find him funny but failed, except for his face though, which had me laughing a lot of times but not more at baby-face, funny-eyebrows  Will Poulter, whose I’m-stupid-and-yes-you-can-make-fun-of-me role was just right for. Emma Roberts’ dillydally character however, I failed to understand. It was as though the director wasn’t sure if she should be a girl who didn’t want a family or the girl who was desperate for one. She fluctuated between the two so much that I gave up and concluded that the director kept forgetting she was in the movie and gave her fresh role every time he remembered. Oh let’s not forget Ed Helms now, he was so annoying and what’s up with that teeth?

Continuity – Seeing Jennifer Aniston on the plane wasn’t so much a pleasant surprise as it was how-the-hell-did-she-get-their-flight-details surprise. I mean really? They should have been some sort of explanation to wipe the frown from my forehead and probably prevent the headache I had later.

Directing – Some of the actions were just sloppy. The most horrible that stuck with me was when baby-face, funny-eyebrows Will Poulter punches Tomer Sisley when he tries to shoot funny-face Jason Sudeikis. In the first camera angle Tomer Sisley already drew the gun, the next camera angle had him drawing the gun AGAIN before baby-face, funny-eyebrows punches him.

Lines – Why do Hollywood comedy movies have so much f-words said in them?

It was a good comedy if you put everything about the actors (physical looks included) into consideration. If you don’t mind another THE SITTER only minus funny Jonah Hill and children, then this is the movie for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment